Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kowalski



I remember reading somewhere that Black Ops guys frequently use obscure names like “Kowalski” to remain anonymous. I guess the Pentagon has yet to realize that the entire Korean race comes in only four surnames. But I digress:

Whenever there’s an Asian guy on 24 (very infrequently and usually used as cannon fodder), they always have Anglo surnames. In last night’s episode, the Asian park ranger who gets killed was referred to as “Ranger Thompson”. Even Lost’s Daniel Dae Kim played “Agent Tom Baker” and I even recall one brother named “McCreary”. I’d like to see his own mother give that one a go.

1 comment:

Sooki said...

hey chris, i agree with you but at the same time, perhaps they are representing the adoptees out there who are given non-korean names?